Benefits of Choosing MikesPLC Turf Care
We use only the very best, ALL GRANULAR premium turf fertilizers on our customers lawns for every feeding of the season. This is much healthier for the turf allowing nutrients to break down and feed over a longer period of time. Because we use granular, we can apply macro and micro nutrients that companies spraying liquid can not. Its simple; better products equal better results!
Mike’s uses IPM (Integrated Pest Management). This is the process of targeting and treating just the weeds and problem areas in your lawn. By reducing herbicide usage, and only blanket spraying your lawn when absolutely necessary, we help you play an active role in protecting the environment and your family. You will not see us wetting down the whole lawn, thus making it safe for re-entry just a few minutes after a treatment is made. All products are non-toxic and we are proud to say, in over 12 years we have never had a child or pet sick due to a lawn application!
Earn money towards service! We want you to be so happy that you’ll talk about your lawn care everywhere you go! We LOVE referrals so much that we pay you to talk about MikesPLC to your friends or neighbors. For every new customer you refer, we will pay you $50, no bull!. Don’t forget to “like” us on Facebook too. With one click you’ll earn $5 off your next bill. We also offer senior, military and full season pre-payment discounts. PREMIUM TURF CARE PLANS Benefits of Choosing MikesPLC Turf Care
Premium turf care plans
- Treatments Per Year
- Balanced Fertilizer
- Crabgrass & Weed Prevention
- Broadleaf Weed Control
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support
- FREE Follow-up visitis for an Lawn Applications (if needed)
- Routine Account Manager Site Visits
*Hand spraying of lawn edges near walks, driveways, and bed edges where break thru occurs most.
*Spraying undesirable growth in sidewalk and driveway crafts and along curb lines where weeds germinate.
+Spot treatment of Nutsedge and Grassy weeks that may break thru pre-emergent barrier.
Don't forget about the most important part of your lawn program!
Spring Aeration or Fall Aeration and overseeding can be added to any of our plans and is the single best thing you can do to improve the health of your lawn. Here are some important benefits
- Aeration reduces soil compaction. Just as you wouldn’t try to plant a flower in concrete... a rock hard soil bed is not conducive to a great lawn either!
- Aeration reduces thatch. Thatch is made up of grass stems and roots that accumulate faster than they breakdown. Excessive thatch creates an environment that is favorable to pests and disease.
- Aeration allows access to the root zone. By penetrating the soil, you’re allowing moisture, air, & food to the root zone where nutrients are absorbed.
- Overseeding introduces new grass seed to fill in bare or thin areas as well as thickening existing turf. Over time, grass plants reach their peak and need to be replaced.
- Aeration and overseeding will help to reduce weeds. Opportunistic weeds germinate in areas where they can be successful. Crabgrass grows in thin areas, nutsedge pops up in thin/low spots, and broadleaf weeds spread where there is little desirable grass. The best defense is to have a thick lawn.
Edge guard and curb guard offers additional protection along walks, driveways, curb lines and bed edges where break thru occurs first. We apply products to these areas by hand as well as routinely police for weeds, crabgrass and nutsedge during each visit based upon your selected plan. This also includes weeds that germinate in cracks and crevices that become unsightly.
Yellow nutsedge has become invasive in our area over the last few years. Some homeowners will mistake this for an odd strain of grass that grows rapidly, but it is in fact a weed and if not treated will take over quickly. If your selected plan does not include this option, we can still treat it for an additional charge.
Having a season long grub control pesticide applied to your lawn to protect it is one of the most important treatments we offer. This is included with our Emerald plan, but can be added to any turf plan for an additional charge. Grubs can wipe out large areas of your lawn in a very short time. Prevention is the key, fixing a lawn with grub damage can cost 6-10x as much as the treatment.
By using organic bio-nutritional fertilizer to feed your lawn your greatly increasing the health of the soil and your turf. Organic fertilizers feed and condition the soil, not just the plant. By adding organic matter and soil nutrients at each feeding you’ll activate microorganisms in the top layer of soil which will also benefit the roots of the lawn. Use of these types of fertilizers is environmentally responsible and offered in our Emerald Plan.
Regular soil tests are important to maintaining healthy turf. Proper pH levels provide the best growing environment for lawns. These levels can be adjusted with the application of lime to your lawn. Soil testing will also provide us with the proper information to apply the correct amount of nutrients throughout the growing season. In some states the only way you can apply phosphorus to a lawn is with a soil test.
The process of pulling cores from your lawn is the single most beneficial thing you can do for your turf. This allows for deeper root development, better utilization of nutrients applied, and quicker absorption of water. Lawns should be aerated every year as well as overseeded to thicken turf and fill in bare spots. This service is a-la-carte, can be added to any plan and is imperative to a great lawn.