Benefits of using Mike’s and Protecting Your Investment
- Mature trees and shrubs are costly to remove and replace. Many times the cost of one plant will pay for all your landscape to be well fed, protected and healthy.
- Treating shrubs around your home aids in creating a layer of protection to keep pests from coming inside or infesting around the foundation.
- Dogs, cats, and children playing outside often run thru beds, around bushes and under trees. If there aren’t insects on your bushes, they cannot transfer to your loved ones either.
- Our program will help suppress fleas and tics in your landscape.
- Flea and tic treatments available for your lawn as well to gain full protection
- Mosquito treatments and control offered for one time parties / events or season long control
Visit 1 – Granular Root Zone Feeding Part 1 (March – April)
Granular root zone feeding for landscape shrubbery and ornamental trees & foliar dormant oil application. This will feed plants for up to 90 days with a well-balanced general fertilizer as well as coat the branches of trees and shrubs just as temps are warming up and buds are emerging. This will smother any active pests taking away oxygen and/or food source and eliminating active or overwintering pests from the plant.
Visit 2 – Inspect and Treat/Anti-Fungal Control (Late April – Early June)
The tree and shrub experts will do a thorough inspection of all landscaped areas and trees to ensure proper health. The weather this time of year can be great conditions for a fungal problem to start due to humid days and cool damp nights. Curative fungicide will be applied if needed typically at 10-14 day intervals. If any specialty insect treatments are needed they will be applied at this time as well.
Visit 3 – Insect Treatment and Inspection (Late June – Mid July)
Mike’s PLC will spray your bushes and ornamental trees with a proprietary blend of broad spectrum insect control to ensure maximum plant health, and protect them for 30-45 days from any pesky bugs at the worst time of the season. We perform a full visual inspection at this time and apply any specialty products to plants as needed.
Visit 4 – Insect Treatment and Inspection (Aug – Sept)
The tree and shrub experts will do a thorough inspection of all landscaped areas and trees to ensure proper health. We will spray bushes and ornamentals with our broad spectrum insect control to extend protection for another 30-45 days. If any specialty insect or fungal treatments are needed for specific plants, they will be applied at this time.
Visit 5 – Granular Root Zone Feeding Part 2
Granular root zone feeding for landscape shrubbery and ornamental trees & foliar dormant oil application. This will feed plants up until soil freeze with well-balanced general fertilizer. Plants will absorb and store nutrients with snow and rain precipitation over winter months. We will coat the branches of trees and shrubs just after leaves begin to drop. This will smother any active pests taking away oxygen and/or food source and eliminating active pests from the plant.